Monday, July 6, 2009

More Mesilla Valley Chorale Members Return to New Mexico!

After I put out a request for additional stories and pictures from other chorale members who just recentl.y returned, I got many replies! Jim and Kay Swedburg visited Germany BEFORE going to France, and then after the Fete de la Musique went to Paris also. After Paris, they attended a family reunion in Illinois, and drove back to NM. I suspect they're still recuperating! Jim said he has put most of his better pics up in his "Photobucket" (www.photobucket.com/MVC-France). TONS of great pictures! I've posted one of them here. Please visit Jim's Photobucket site!

Meredith O'Connell also reports that her brother-in-law (Dan Brady) is setting up a similar site, but one that everyone can visit to view and UPLOAD pictures as well! That will be fantastic - as soon as I get the site info I will post it here.

Pam Smith is reviewing her pictures, and told me her Paris trip was great. To quote her: "The music festival atmosphere was still very evident in Paris....music at each metro entrance...The weather was perfect and the crowds very crowded!" She and others took bus tours, boat tours, visited Moulin Rouge, restaurants, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe... I could go on, but I think I'll save it for the next post once I get a picture or two from her. She sent a great summary of the trip and I'm not sure I could do it justice (as I'm sitting at an airport about to board a plane!). Thanks to everyone who sent info for this post, and stay tuned for more as everyone recuperates and gets back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment