Monday, June 8, 2009

My Chariot Awaits - Oh Wait, That Was Three Days Ago...


Well, it's not quite a chariot - but it got over the ocean just fine. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days - haven't found internet until today. Haven't run into any other Mesilla Valley Chorale members yet either!


A quick rundown of what's happened - I arrived in Paris Saturday June 6. I immediately rented a car and drove to Normandy, to visit the American Cemetery in Normandy (www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/no.php). This was a bad idea, as a number of other people, including the President of the United States and the President of France, had the same idea. Mere mortals were not allowed with about 10 miles of the place, so I had to settle for a visit to this place:










It was quite nice actually, and although I would have liked to make it to Normandy on the exact day of the D-Day landing, truth is, fighting went on for a long time. I made it over there the next day (June 7) but that's another story! Bye bye for now!

** (As always, you can click on these pictures to make them bigger) **

No comments:

Post a Comment