Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One Itinerant Blogger Returns Home!

Well, my trip with the Mesilla Valley Chorale has come to an end! My brother Mike and sister Cathy Boeker (our 'tie in' with the chorale) left Paris Monday June 22 just after lunch. I hope to have some contact with the folks still in Paris and other points in Europe - as many of you know, much of the chorale will be staying after the concerts to sightsee (HINT HINT - those of you still visiting feel free to email me at stingem2@gmail.com to provide pictures and updates!!).

This picture is one of my brother Mike, Ruth Ann Hamlin, and me taken with our host family Irene and Remy Glenche. I think I speak for everyone in the chorale when I say that the warmth and gracious hospitality we experienced with our host families, and indeed the whole of Savigne l'Eveque in general, was incredible. It sets a very high bar for when the Chorale de Savigne visits Las Cruces!! I almost hate to start thanking people for fear if I leave someone off the very long list of gracious hosts that I will offend, but that certainly isn't my intent! Our hosts Irene and Remy were unbelievable, that's about all I can say. Thanks to Jean Picoleau, Chef de Choeur, and Michel Serpin of the Chorale de Savigne for their hard work in making this happen, and thanks to the entire Chorale de Savigne for their hospitality towards us and the beautiful music they produced with us last Friday and last Sunday. Monique, Nicole, Francoise, all so helpful...I know I'm forgetting people... I also want to express thanks, on behalf of my brother and myself, to the Mesilla Valley Chorale, for accepting us as members of their incredible organization, and for giving us the chance to experience this trip of a lifetime. MERCI MERCI MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!

I hope to be able to update the blog for weeks to come, with personal stories and pictures from other members of the Mesilla Valley Chorale, so stay tuned!

Matt McFee

No comments:

Post a Comment